How to eat clover What can you make of her?
Clover brings not only happiness (if we find four-leaf), but also incredible taste experiences. How to eat clover
Meadow clover is a wild perennial. Interestingly, it can be used in the kitchen - it has anti-inflammatory, expectorant and antispasmodic effects. As part of herbal medicine, it is used for catarrh of the upper respiratory tract, stomach problems and constipation. Clover stimulates the appetite, regulates digestion and liver function.
When to collect a clover
This should be done from May to September - only the flower heads with stalks and upper leaves are collected. The kitchen uses fresh clover, while dried for medicinal purposes. It is dried in a ventilated place and an infusion can be prepared from such a dried plant. A tablespoon of dried herbs is poured with boiling water, brew covered for 15 minutes and ready. You should not drink more than 3 cups of infusion a day.
We Recommend: Yoga Session for healthy cooking habbit.
You can also make a tincture from dried clover. 100 g of dried flowers pour 0.5 litres of pure 40% vodka and leave in a dark room for 2 weeks.
It's important to look inside the tincture every day - it's about shaking it. After 2 weeks, strain the tincture and dilute with two glasses of boiled water and pour into a dark bottle, put in the fridge. We drink 2-3 times a day for a teaspoon.
Clover in the kitchen
Clover can be an addition to salads, sandwiches or meat dishes. You can also prepare the whole dishes from it. See the risotto recipe:
Ingredients for 4 servings of clover risotto:
- 1 cup of red (purple) clover flowers
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 240g rice for risotto (e.g. arborio)
- 120ml dry white wine
- 1 litre of vegetable stock (for me water + 1 carrot, 1 parsley, a piece of celery root, onion, lovage leaf, 1 bay leaf, 2 grains of allspice, 10 grains of pepper and salt to taste)
- 30g butter
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt pepper
- favourite herbs - thyme, coriander, sage - a few sprigs/leaves
- Chop the onion and fry with the garlic squeezed on a tablespoon of olive oil with a tablespoon of butter. Add rice and fry until it becomes glassy, translucent. Pour the wine, mix and wait until the wine evaporates.
Then add the washed clover and vegetable decoction ladle, reduce the heat under the pan. The evaporating liquid must be replenished with subsequent portions of broth.
Clover - a herb for women?
The red clover is a herb created for women:
- regulates menstruation,
- reduces premenstrual symptoms,
- tolerates menopause symptoms,
- treats androgenic acne in women.
And now we can not fail to mention that clover has a beneficial effect on the skin! It has anti-inflammatory, antipruritic effects, and its fresh flowers can be used on insect bites.
Clover cream recipe:
2 handfuls of red clover flowers pour 400 ml of water, boil and cook for 20 minutes. Squeeze, cook another portion in the same decoction (there will be even 5 portions). The water evaporates, the decoction is to thicken. And it's ready! Such a "cream" can be used anti-inflammatory on the skin and even on the mucosa.
Clover increases skin elasticity and moisture, firms and brightens the complexion optically. It also inhibits excessive seborrhea and keratosis of the skin.